Subject: Re: [boost] Boost 1.58 schedule available?
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-21 16:51:41

On Thu, Jan 22, 2015 at 12:36 AM, Barend Gehrels <barend_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> However, I'm still feeling a bit worried that as soon as I ask for a schedule,
> which is really about time in a 3-months release cycle, several people
> start to give me advices to change our way of working...
>
> About the people asking for release dates, these are from large
> organizations. They want official releases, not just a trunk or a clone of a
> master.

Well, I guess that depends on the organization. Google, for instance,
is known for using various degree of bleeding edge in its products.

Anyway, there are no big companies behind Boost, so everything happens
here more or less when the stars align, be that for good or worse. I
don't mean to say you're wrong asking for a schedule (that'd be nice,
actually), but you have to take into account how things work in
practice. From that perspective adjusting your workflow might have its
merit.