Subject: Re: [boost] clang-3.6 thread sanitizer complainsonshared_ptroperations
From: Gaetano Mendola (mendola_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-21 18:47:44

On 01/22/2015 12:15 AM, Peter Dimov wrote:

>> Gaetano Mendola wrote:
>> > Replaced all the boost with the "equivalent" in std:
>> >
>> > http://pastebin.com/X6u1rD0c
>> >
>> > compiled with:
>> >
>> > clang++-3.6 -std=c++11 -g main_std.cpp -fsanitize=thread
>> >
>> > and clang++ *doesn't* complain. So either is our fault or std is doing > something different?
>>
>> It's probably doing something different, but it would be nice to know what. What standard library are you using by default? The one coming with your g++ installation, I suppose, but which g++ is it?
>
> Also, can you please post the output when using -DBOOST_SP_USE_STD_ATOMIC? It should be different from the one without.

Yes you are right I'm using the std coming with my gcc 4.9.2: g++ (Ubuntu 4.9.2-0ubuntu1~14.04) 4.9.2

And I'm sorry to have stated that with BOOST_SP_USE_STD_ATOMIC still the issue is there, but it doesn't seems so,
I believe in my earlier test I copied/pasted not the complete macro.

So just to sum up:

boost based version:
    http://pastebin.com/zh0SPz5n WARNING
    http://pastebin.com/zh0SPz5n + BOOST_SP_USE_STD_ATOMIC OK