Subject: Re: [boost] Review Wizard Status Report for January 2015
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-23 02:40:40

On 1/22/2015 10:29 PM, Ron Garcia wrote:

> Review Wizard Status Report for January 2015
>
> News
> ====
>
> 1. Boost 1.56 Released November 2014. New Libraries: none
> 2. Sort Accepted. November 2014.
> 3. Compute Accepted. December 2014.
>

> Open Issues
> ===========
>
> The following libraries have review managers, but have not yet been
> scheduled for review:
>
> * Range Extensions - added May 2012; review manager: Neil Groves.
>
> The following libraries have been accepted to Boost, but have not yet
> been integrated into Boost Git:
>
> * Contract - accepted September 2012; author: Lorenzo Caminiti.
> * Sort - accepted November 2014: author: .
> * Compute - accepted December 2014: author: .
>

> The following libraries have been accepted and submitted to Boost Git, but
> have not yet appeared in a release:
>
> * Convert - accepted June 2014; author: Vladimir Batov.
>
> The following libraries have been accepted provisionally to Boost, but
> have not been submitted for mini-review and full acceptance:
>
> * Endian - accepted provisionally September 2011; author Beman Dawes.
> * Fiber - accepted provisionally January 2014; author Oliver Kowalke.

My VMD library was reviewed but the review manager, Steven Watanabe,
never made a final decision and I have never heard from him since I sent
a few follow-up e-mails from him.

I have been working on updating the library, based largely on comments
made by Paul Mensonides, but have not finished as yet as I am revamping
a large part of it. I do not know if Steven Watanabe was waiting for me
to finish updating the library but I find it highly unusual that he
never made a final decision as review manager. He does not seem to be
involved with Boost anymore, but perhaps I am mistaken.

I noticed that you did not mention it in your report so I thought I
would clarify the situation as much as I know about it.