Subject: Re: [boost] Merge procedure to master (was: Release sponsorship
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-23 14:31:34

Barend Gehrels wrote:
> From Boost.Geometry perspective we're on the dependant side, and that
> might be reflected in my list indeed.
>
> However, if we merge blindly, ignoring errors, for example once per week,
> that would feel really uncomfortable to me, and would it really help?

I wouldn't expect it to help, no. :-)

Robert's perspective here, FWIW, is that he develops and tests (quite
extensively) in a configuration in which all libraries are on their master
branch and Serialization is on develop.

On this configuration, once everything is green, merge is as easy as
"merge --no-ff develop". You've already tested it, so there's no way
anything can fail.

Of course this has its own drawback - the boost.org tests do not work in
such a manner.