Subject: Re: [boost] [filesystem, regex, asio] These three libraries successfully ported to Windows Phone 8.1
From: Sebastian Redl (sebastian.redl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-26 12:34:02

On 26.01.2015 16:51, Niall Douglas wrote:
> On 26 Jan 2015 at 10:53, Moshe Rubin wrote:
>
>> When the code has passed the regression suite I will issue a pull request
>> against the GitHub repository.
> Some tips for creating a successful pull request:
>
> 1. Avoid #ifdef spam. Write thunk emulations of missing APIs where
> possible. Here's an example for GetTickCount64():
> https://github.com/boostorg/thread/blob/master/include/boost/thread/wi
> n32/thread_primitives.hpp#L290. Remember Boost still supports Windows
> XP and exclusively targets an XP level Win32 API. Use GetProcAddress
> for newer APIs.
That's not actually possible for WinPhone apps. You need a library
handle to call GetProcAddress, and LoadLibrary(Ex) and GetModuleHandle
are both forbidden to Store apps. Only LoadPackagedLibrary is allowed,
and that is itself a Windows 8-only function (and in fact a Store-only
function).

Sebastian