Subject: Re: [boost] [filesystem, regex, asio] These three libraries successfully ported to Windows Phone 8.1
From: Moshe Rubin (moshe_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-28 09:48:01

On 28 Jan 2015 at 02:04:22 GMT, Niall Douglas wrote:

> And once again, my apologies for earlier. It is no excuse, but that
> particular day I had the misfortune of combining codeine and a lot of
> cough medicine due to a heavy flu. This affected my mind. I was quite
> appalled with myself when I read what I had written to you the next
> day, very embarrassing, I was clearly off in a grim imagination land
> and had completely underestimated its effects on my wits.
>
> As a token of making good on my earlier behaviours, do feel free to
> email me off list to review your pull requests for any problems,
> either before or after you submit them. And thank you once again for
> making the effort, it is hugely appreciated here.

Rest assured, I harbor no ill will at all. Quite the contrary, notwithstanding
the text written, it was obvious you were a battle-seasoned professional
and knowledgeable software engineer, one worth listening to. As a newbie
to the Boost mailing list, I have gained invaluable information from you and
others that will stand me in good stead. The ones to feel sorry for are
those involved in the Linux kernel -- Linus Torvalds most certainly does
not apologize for his comments! <g> I appreciate your candor, a welcome
trait in the professional world.

I'm currently working on verifying the changes using the regression test
suite, and cleaning up the changes based on the comments you posted the
other day.

Thank you for your kind offer to eyeball my pull requests before or after
submitting them. I will certainly feel free to take you up on your offer.

Moshe