Subject: Re: [boost] preprocess operation problems
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-28 12:23:22

Fletcher, John P wrote:
> I have had a dig around on this one. I do regularly update all of boost
> develop. I have also run ./b2 headers
>
> The explanation is like this.
>
> The copy of integer_fwd.hpp in libs/integer/include/boost has indeed been
> updated to January 23rd.
>
> In boost itself the file integer_fwd.hpp is not a link, it is the version
> put there when I installed the libraries.

Odd. What platform is this? Windows or something else?

(On Windows, integer_fwd.hpp should be a hard link, on something else - a
symbolic link.)

What do you mean when you say "I installed the libraries"? If you use Boost
from git, you don't have to install it.

In principle, b2 headers (which is an implicit dependency of most
everything) should check that your boost/integer_fwd.hpp is out of date and
relink it to libs/integer/include/boost/integer_fwd.hpp. I'm not sure why it
does not do so.

The workaround is usually to delete boost/ and recreate it with b2 headers,
but this shouldn't be necessary, at least in theory.