Subject: Re: [boost] List of boost headers in boost/ (was RE: preprocess operation problems)
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-28 17:03:34

Rene Rivera wrote:
> Well.. This is certainly surprising. Given that when I look at my develop
> checkout I see 1816 entries. All of which, except for some dirs, are
> symlinks. I do expect *all* of them to be links though. So having some
> dirs in there seems wrong.

"Split" directories aren't symlinks. For example, boost/detail is a split
directory, in that some of its contents are in libs/this, and others in
libs/that. Long term, all directories except the top level boost/ would be
symlinks, but we aren't there yet.

Files should always be symlinks and never copies though. I don't know how in
John's installation the files ended up being copies.