Subject: Re: [boost] [predef][check] linux clang triggers BOOST_MAC_OS
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-01-31 11:19:40

On Sat, Jan 31, 2015 at 10:13 AM, Jürgen Hunold <jhunold_at_gmx.eu> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm using clang + libc++ on Linux and the Predef "check" magic activates
> "BOOST_MAC_OS". That means I get:
>
> Performing configuration checks
>
> - symlinks supported : yes
> warn: Unable to construct ./info_as_objcpp
> warn: Unable to construct ./info_as_objc
> - BOOST_OS_MACOS : yes
>
> when running the predef test suite.

Strange.

And in fact the macos test are run:

> clang-linux.compile.c.without-pth
> BOOST_ROOT/src/devel/boost/bin.v2/libs/predef/test/macos_endian.test/clang-
> linux-3.7.0/debug/macos_endian.o
>
> which is only supposed to be run on macos. The test even passes because it
> internally checks for "__APPLE__" being defined, which should probably be
> removed, as the check should be done by the build system.

I'd rather keep that.. As I don't like relying on a particular build system
for any code to compile.

Though I'm already running with -d+2 --debug-configuration I get no output
> from the configuration test itself. Any ideas on how to debug this further?

The output from the configuration build parts is output to
boost-root/bin.v2/config.log. Also you could cd to libs/predef/test. And
run "b2 -a --verbose-test". And check the output to see what is detected
for BOOST_OS_*.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything