Subject: Re: [boost] [type_traits] Rewrite and dependency free version
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-02-03 17:01:40

On 3 Feb 2015 at 22:02, Stephen Kelly wrote:

> > I confess that I haven't seen this in any way related to C++17. I would
> > certainly be skeptical of anyone spending any time on something as
> > speculative
> > as a future C++ standard before it's finalized.
>
> That's no reason not to educate yourself on it, and it's no reason not to
> try the clang implementation.

For the record, you can simulate clang's modules using any compiler
by simply compiling in everything as a single translation unit. A
simple shell script can create a file which includes all the source
files at once.

If it works as a single translation unit, it'll work under clang
modules. If it doesn't, well then you've got some ODR violation going
on (very common in source files which assume they own their
translation unit) and it may or may not work under clang modules
depending.

I have taken care that API Bind works correctly in single translation
unit use cases. I'll admit the gotchas surprised me at the time.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting
http://www.nedproductions.biz/