Subject: Re: [boost] Cleanup of test results.
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-02-11 11:23:07

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 2:40 AM, Dmitry Moskalchuk <dm_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Yes, I see my results were removed from the 'master' table (but still
> present in 'develop').
>
> It's because we're not 'approved', right?

Yes.

> If yes, what need to be
> included to the approved list of testers?

Roughly it goes like this:

1. Run full and complete results on the develop branch for some time.
2. Prove that you can run tests on a consistent schedule.
3. Prove that you are responsive to platform questions and requests for the
tests you run.
4. For new platforms (OS and or toolset) prove that you can support that
new platform with patches and collaboration with library authors.
5. Ask to be added to the master results list.
6. Ask to be considered a release supported platform.

Note..

* As far as I can tell you are still working on step #1.
* For #2 consistent means a predictable schedule, or continuous. The
minimum frequency I look for a at least weekly results on develop. For
master results I prefer daily but can live with 3 times a week.
* #3 means responding to emails on both the testing and developer lists
reasonably promptly. And addressing any problems.. Like looking into
stalled tests, providing full logs for specific tests, running specific
tests for authors, etc.
* You are actively pursuing #4.. Which is awesome :-)
* #5 just gets the results into the web site.
* And #6 gets your platform, Android, listed as supported in the release
notes.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything