Subject: Re: [boost] GSOC 2015 : Project on Concurrent Hash Tables
From: Amarnath V A (me_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-02-15 08:54:10

Thanks for the prompt reply Niall.

I have got a few more questions.

1. I could not make out the use of _oldbuckets in the code. What purpose
does it serve?
2. I see a swap() function which is not used anywhere in the codebase. Is
it dead code?
3. And I have a generic question regarding std::atomic. I was trying to
code the move constructor and finally ended up failing miserably to move
the reference of _bucket. I could not figure out how to do it. Could you
point me to some documentation which would help me to achieve the same.

To give a fair idea about my last question, let me elaborate what I was
trying to do. I have got the reference of _buckets and have assigned it to
new variable using store and load methods of atomic. But, I am not
confident if that is the right way to go about. And secondly, I see that I
am not able to reset the reference of original.

Thanks,
Amarnath