Subject: Re: [boost] [threads] Win32 Events on POSIX
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-02-16 03:58:08

On Monday 16 February 2015 08:30:58 Fu ji wrote:
> Thank you for the reply. I see that you have almost all functionality done,
> I miss only something equivalent to WaitForMultipleObjects it is in your
> plans for the future functionality ?

On POSIX systems this is only achievable with select() & co., which in turn
implies that synchronization primitives must be fd-based. I currently have no
plans for implementing that, mostly because I recon that such primitives would
have worse performance in the normal use (i.e. when a single primitive is used
for thread synchronization).