Subject: Re: [boost] [filesystem] temp_directory_path() behavior on Windows
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-02-16 19:50:47

On 16 Feb 2015 at 18:30, Stephan T. Lavavej wrote:

> [Niall Douglas]
> > Thankfully VS2015 finally kills off the static MSVCRT. You'll get
> > DLLs and DLLs only from VS2015 onwards
>
> That's incorrect. /MT and /MTd will be fully supported in 2015, just
> like previous versions. Both the CRT and STL have static libs.

Thanks for the catch Stephan. I missed the mention of the static
libs.

Out of curiosity, if the MSVCRT is now ABI stable and there is
therefore now much gain from shipping bug fixed DLLs, what's the
point of keeping static libs? Even on embedded systems like xbox and
Windows Phone I don't see the cost benefit.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting
http://www.nedproductions.biz/