Subject: Re: [boost] Spam (10.533):Re: [Boost-maint] Conflicts when building libraries at root
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-02-17 09:58:24

I have come to rebuild my boost libraries from an up-to-date develop branch but find a similar
issue.

I:\modular-boost>.\b2 --version
Boost.Build 2014.03-svn

.\bootstrap.bat
.\b2 headers
.\b2

error: Name clash for '<pstage\lib>libboost_system-vc120-mt-1_58.lib'
error:
error: Tried to build the target twice, with property sets having
error: these incompatible properties:
error:
error: - <architecture>x86 << others messages issued.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow
Prizet Farmhouse
Kendal UK LA8 8AB
+44 (0) 1539 561830
I:\modular-boost>.\b2
Building the Boost C++ Libraries.
Performing configuration checks
    - symlinks supported       : yes
    - 32-bit                   : yes (cached)
    - arm                      : no  (cached)
    - mips1                    : no  (cached)
    - power                    : no  (cached)
    - sparc                    : no  (cached)
    - x86                      : yes (cached)
    - has_icu builds           : no  (cached)
warning: Graph library does not contain MPI-based parallel components.
note: to enable them, add "using mpi ;" to your user-config.jam
    - zlib                     : no  (cached)
    - iconv (libc)             : no  (cached)
    - iconv (separate)         : no  (cached)
    - icu                      : no  (cached)
    - icu (lib64)              : no  (cached)
    - message-compiler         : yes (cached)
    - compiler-supports-ssse3  : yes (cached)
    - compiler-supports-avx2   : yes (cached)
    - gcc visibility           : no  (cached)
    - long double support      : yes (cached)
warning: skipping optional Message Passing Interface (MPI) library.
note: to enable MPI support, add "using mpi ;" to user-config.jam.
note: to suppress this message, pass "--without-mpi" to bjam.
note: otherwise, you can safely ignore this message.
warning: No python installation configured and autoconfiguration
note: failed.  See http://www.boost.org/libs/python/doc/building.html
note: for configuration instructions or pass --without-python to
note: suppress this message and silently skip all Boost.Python targets
    - zlib                     : no  (cached)
error: Name clash for '<pstage\lib>libboost_system-vc120-mt-1_58.lib'
error:
error: Tried to build the target twice, with property sets having
error: these incompatible properties:
error:
error:     -  none
error:     -  <address-model>32 <architecture>x86
error:
error: Please make sure to have consistent requirements for these
error: properties everywhere in your project, especially for install