Subject: Re: [boost] [log] custom architecture and address-model
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-02-19 04:31:18

On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 11:59 AM, Vladimir Prus
<vladimir_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> it seems that Boost.Log defines, and checks, it's own log-address-model and
> log-architecture and log-instruction-set
> properties. Naturally, if I'm trying to make regular address-model and
> architecture properties always set, these
> are getting in the way.
>
> Do we really need per-library properties? If a user wants to build Boost.Log
> with a particular architecture, I would
> think he can do:
>
> ./b2 --with-log <whatever>
>
> If so, is everybody fine if I eliminate these custom features eventually?

The custom features are needed to enable specific compiler options and
source files when building the library. They need not be
Boost.Log-specific, but I could not find any other way to achieve what
I wanted. Please, do not remove these features with haste.

Could you explain what is the problem with these features and what is
the proposed fix?