Subject: Re: [boost] [ boost ] [ Trie ]
From: Cosmin Boaca (boost.cosmin.boaca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-02-20 15:17:10

Hello,

I have two observations about the removal of the reverse_iterator.

The trie_reverse_iterator has a methd get_key() which calls the get_key()
method from the base iterator. If std::reverse_iterator is used then this
method can't be accessed anymore. If I remove it there is no way to
retrieve the key of a specific object.

Also, the trie_iterator doesn't act like a standard STL iterator over a
mapped data structure. Those iterators return a pair<Key, Value> when
they're derefferenced. trie_iterator returns only Value.

In order to address the things I have mentioned above, I am thinking at
changing the operators *, and -> from the trie_iterator to return
pair<const std::vector<Key>, Value>. Also, I think about adding a new
member into the trie_iterator class, named current_path, which would
represent the current path in the Trie from the root to the node which the
iterator is pointing to. By doing so, std::reverse_iterator can be used
instead of trie_reverse_iterator and also the key associated with the
current node can be retrieved in better running time.

I would like to know your oppinion about the changes I am proposing.

Thank you,
Cosmin