Subject: Re: [boost] [mpl] multiset
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-02-27 16:23:42

On 2/27/2015 3:54 PM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> Edward Diener wrote:
>
>> A while back Stephen Kelly specified changes to MPL to get rid of hacks
>> for old compilers that nobody should be using anymore, and which would
>> simplify the MPL code a bit so that new development could more easily be
>> done with the code. But these changes were never made
>
> The removal of the old code was committed (see 'gitk steveire' in mpl.git).
>
> Daniel James reverted it.
>
> Feel free to revert the revert.

I am not the maintainer of MPL, although I have been granted rights to
change it. I don't think MPL has a primary maintainer any more so any
large change needs a consensus AFAICS.

The consensus appeared to be that MPL should keep the old code. I agreed
with you instead. But I am not going to go against the consensus of
others unless there is an updated general consensus that agrees that MPL
need no longer support the old compilers that it does.