Subject: Re: [boost] [mpl] Abandoning old compilers
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-02-28 13:43:49

Edward Diener wrote:
> No. It never was tested. It was reverted before any testing was done on
> the 'develop' branch with those changes.

I'm not sure that lack of testing on current compilers is the main issue.
The main issue is "lack of consensus" for dropping support for old
compilers, which aren't tested.

I'll say again what I always say when this issue comes up: these compilers
are old. They are unlikely to be able to compile new Boost libraries. People
who use these compilers can just use older Boost releases (and are probably
forced to anyway).

We should drop VC++6/7, bcc32, dmc, old sun support from MPL to make it more
maintainable - provided that it is going to be maintained at all, or course.