Subject: Re: [boost] [mpl] Abandoning old compilers
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-02-28 18:48:19

AMDG

On 02/28/2015 04:28 PM, Edward Diener wrote:
> On 2/28/2015 5:50 PM, Robert Ramey wrote:
>>
>> The rest is up to the person responsible for the library.
>
> There is no one person responsible for MPL anymore AFAIK. In fact I
> think the Boost maintenance team also access to change it.

This is exactly why I'm against applying Stephen's
patches. The community maintenance team cannot
substitute for a real maintainer. It works okay as
long as the libraries in question are mostly stable,
but IMHO, we don't have the thorough understanding
of the libraries needed to make any major changes
safely.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe