Subject: [boost] An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x8) problem because of property_tree::xml_parser::write_xml
From: Rohan Shetty (shetty_rohan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-03-01 23:59:40

Hi,
I have used the following C++ code to generate the xml
boost::property_tree::ptree ptResponse;
// Populate the tree from the Microsoft Outlook contactsstd::stringstream buf;
 const std::string enc("utf-8"); boost::property_tree::xml_writer_settings<char> settings(' ', 0, enc); boost::property_tree::xml_parser::write_xml(buf, ptResponse, settings);
This works fine.
But in one of the customer's machine, when reading the this(xml content) in a JAVA program. I get the following error
An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x8) was found in the element content of the document.

Any help in solving this is appreciated.
Regards,Rohan