Subject: [boost] [gsoc15] Enhanced vector and deque containers projects questions
From: Kirill Bobyrev (kbobyrev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-03-04 16:09:36

Dear GSoC Mentors,

I'd like to apply for the project #5: "Enhanced vector and deque
containers" and I'd like to get more specific information about the
programming competency test for this project.

Some good questions are already asked by Sandilya Jandhyala just about
few letters ago and I would be more than happy to receive the answers
too. But I still have some questions I would like to ask. I just want to
be sure and precise about some assumptions I made while writing the code.

1. Is it necessary to use Boost Library dependencies and to rely on it
than using C++ standard library and leaving the actual container code
independent from external libraries?

2. How important is that my custom vector behaves exactly like the
original std::vector? Some scenarios would seem strange if I would
always try to handle them exactly like std::vector does, because the
container's capacity should be constant (if I am correct about this,
judging by "push_back throws when the buffer is full").

I would more than happy to get a feedback!

Besides, should the proposal be sent directly to Google Melange
alongside with programming competency test code or is it preferable to
send a proposal to the community in advance to let you see what I've
done so far?

Best regards,
Kirill Bobyrev