Subject: Re: [boost] [MPL lite or MPL 2] A modest proposal
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-03-05 01:22:46

Steven Watanabe-4 wrote
> AMDG
>
> On 03/04/2015 03:17 PM, Robert Ramey wrote:
>> I've been looking at another thread which address the problems of
>> maintaining
>> and/or finding a maintainer for MPL. I've come up with an idea for a
>> proposal which I've laid out here: Library Idea MPL lite or MPL2
>> <http://rrsd.com/blincubator.com/bi_suggestion/mpl-lite-or-mpl2/>
>
> I think that building an MPL replacement
> without sequences would be an exercise
> in futility. The bulk of my MPL usage
> is handling MPL sequences.

I don't think that's typical. I did a search of the serialization library
and found
only meta-functions. I understand the units library, fusion and variant
might
weil use the sequences.

Note that I'm not really thinking of replacing the current MPL. Rather
those who've
expressed concern about the current implementation have the option of
creating
and MPL lite which would address the concerns they've raised. The classic
MPL
would stay around until it's no longer needed - which might never occur.