Subject: Re: [boost] [ boost ] [ Trie ]
From: Cosmin Boaca (boost.cosmin.boaca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-03-05 12:48:51

On 5 March 2015 at 19:15, Kenneth Adam Miller <kennethadammiller_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> Ok, where is the repo?
>
> Cosmin: Are you open to the idea of having the trie act as a container and
> sort of adopt a superset of the operations that work on traditional STL
> containers?
>
> Are you open to the idea of having the trie be parameterizable with
> concurrency strategies? With value strategies that can even be an
> additional data structures?

I am not quite experienced in concurrent data structures. Honestly I have
never thought of that but I am open to any discussion about implementation
strategies. Maybe Anthony could help us taking design decisions and some
plan of implementation.

Are you open to the idea of having one specialization that is highly
> optimized for integer keys, with separate implementations for x32/x64?

When you say integer keys you mean some set of integers like {2, 3, 4} or
just one integer and the string in trie being it's bits ?

> I'm interested in each of these. And I have ideas about how to move forward
> implementing them. I'd also like to work on applying what we make toward
> several already open libraries, by writing some bindings to python and some
> other languages. I'm interested in writing some protobuf/capnproto
> specifications and some data-type translations between the vernacular too.

I am not familiar with protobuf / canproto.

> Can we discuss a work partitioning and road map to move forward? Are there
> any shared documents, like google docs that discuss plans and ideas?

We could start a discussion but I can't take any deadlines for
implementation of certain features for myself. I'm developing this data
structure during my spare time and I have a full undergraduate coursework +
being undergraduate TA.