Subject: Re: [boost] [Hana] Informal review request
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-03-05 12:58:17

AMDG

I've just glanced over the main page of the documentation
and I had a few comments:

- _tuple<Person, Car, City>
  Historically names beginning with _ are used for placeholders.
  i.e. in Boost.Bind/Lambda/Phoenix/Parameter. Is there
  a good reason not to call it tuple?

- // BOOST_HANA_RUNTIME_CHECK is equivalent to assert
  In that case, what is the point of using it instead of assert?
  I think you should probably avoid using these constructs
  in the user documentation of other parts of the library.
  It's just a distraction, so it's better to rely on
  standard components, which users probably already
  understand.

- Is there a reason for using length instead of size,
  which would be more idiomatic in C++?

- Amphibian algorithms!!!??? Okay, I guess the
  name is kind of clever. I can't say that I
  really like it, though.

- foldl/foldr. I really hate these names. I'd prefer
  fold/reverse_fold, but even fold_left/fold_right
  would be better.
- count is the equivalent of std::count_if, not std::count.
- find/lookup should be find_if/find
- In general I would expect any algorithm that takes
  a single element for comparison to have both
  f and f_if forms.
- sort(predicate): shouldn't this be sort(sequence)?

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe