Subject: Re: [boost] [GSOC2015] uBLAS Matrix Solver Project
From: Thijs (M.A.) van den Berg (thijs_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-03-06 15:00:22

> On 06 Mar 2015, at 04:50, Rajaditya Mukherjee <rajaditya.mukherjee_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> My name is Raj and I am Phd student in Computer Graphics. I am interested
> in tackling the problem of uBLAS Matrix Solver and in order to write my
> proposal, I am looking for inputs for which of the following algorithms
> will be most useful for prospective users in boost-numeric library. Here is
> a categorical list of all the prospective ones which will bring uBLAS
> updated to other commercial libraries like Eigen/Armadillo. Please let me
> know your preferences....

Hi Raj, for me finishing the "boost numeric bindings" which would allow me to use Atlas and other BLAS engines as a backend would be most useful. Having that interface would give me high performance linear algebra.

From: http://mathema.tician.de

"Boost Bindings is a bindings library (not just) for Boost.Ublas. It offers an easy way of calling BLAS, LAPACK, UMFPACK, MUMPS and many other mature legacy numerical codes from within C++."

Code in the sandbox:
https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/numeric_bindings/