Subject: Re: [boost] [mpl] multiset
From: Eric Niebler (eniebler_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-03-09 14:32:17

On 3/9/2015 10:40 AM, Zach Laine wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 8, 2015 at 2:56 PM, Eric Niebler <eniebler_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> [snip]
>
>> Here,
>> for instance, is a SFINAE-friendly implementation of std::common_type
<snip>

>> template<typename T, typename U>
>> struct common_type<T, U>
>> : m::if_c<
<snip>

>> I would be curious to see this implemented in Hana and in Turbo.
>
> Yes! We need to see apples-to-apples comparisons of nontrivial, useful
> examples like this under the various libraries' approaches.

I should also add that common_type also needs to be implemented such
that people can provide user-specializations of common_type<T, U>. It
makes this an interesting trait to implement from a metaprogramming
perspective. (Huh, this would make a good blog post. :-)

If there are other real-world problems that show the strengths of
Hana/Turbo, let's see those, too. I'll play along as time allows.

--
Eric Niebler
Boost.org