Subject: Re: [boost] [test] Re: Conflicts when building libraries at root
From: Vladimir Prus (vladimir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-03-10 00:44:21

On 03/09/2015 04:22 PM, Gennadiy Rozental wrote:
> Vladimir Prus <vladimir <at> codesourcery.com> writes:
>
>> So why is Boost.Test enabling those? Are there any particular files
>> in Boost.Test that need it?
>> If so, we can change Jamfile to only compile those files with asynch
>> exceptions, without propagating it to dependencies.
>
> I am sure execution_monitor.cpp needs it. Frankly I do not remember
> for sure at this point, but I thought all the components of the test
> module will need to be built with /EHa for Boost.Test to be able to
> catch SEH successfully.
>
> What is the problem we are trying to solve?

The problem is that due to

     Boost.Test-> Boost.Timer -> Boost.Chrono -> Boost.System

dependency chain - which has asynch-exceptions=on, this effectively
requests Boost.System to be built and installed with asynch-exceptions=on.
On the other hand, top-level build requests Boost.System without asynch-exceptions.
As result, build of develop just fails since we can't install Boost.System with
two different properties.

--
Vladimir Prus
CodeSourcery / Mentor Embedded