Subject: Re: [boost] Windows Develop Tests Failing
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-03-14 12:49:30

On 13 Mar 2015 at 19:47, Steven Watanabe wrote:

> >> (b) AFAIK, there is Windows API that can work
> >> with long paths (32767 chars or something?). Can bjam be updated to use these
> >> API to work around the problem?
> >
> > Proposed Boost.AFIO has always used the NT kernel API directly, and
> > <snip>
> >

> What AFIO does is completely irrelevant, since
> b2 is written in C and cannot use Boost anyway.

I didn't know that b2 is written in C. However, there is as it
happens relevance - AFIO's stable DLL export ABI is intentionally
designed to be C compatible such that a C API can be provided in
addition to the metaprogrammed C++ one.

I just need to get round to writing the libclang AST to C bindings
generator, that's all. Time, as always.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting