Subject: Re: [boost] Running b2 on develop needs asynch-exceptions=on
From: Raffi Enficiaud (raffi.enficiaud_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-03-16 16:06:51

Le 16/03/15 20:40, Steven Watanabe a écrit :
> AMDG
>
> On 03/16/2015 01:21 PM, John Maddock wrote:
>>
>> What about the warning from execution_monitor.cpp saying that /EHa *is*
>> required?
>>

> Is this on master or develop? On develop _set_se_translator
> is guarded by #if BOOST_WORKAROUND(BOOST_MSVC, <= 1310)
>
> In Christ,
> Steven Watanabe

Hi

This is also the point to which we got with Gennadiy. Since we cannot be
sure, we did not made any change until we can create appropriate tests
for these kind of exceptions.

The _set_se_translator definitely needs /EHa, but MSVC 1310 is Visual
2003 sp1, and I believe that there is no test agent for that compiler
anymore.

The MSDN documentation
(https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/1deeycx5.aspx) states that
managed code needs /EHa. This is a valid use of boost.test.
To my understanding it also means that removing this option would break
the currently existing test using managed code to work properly with the
boost.test that is built out of the box.

Regards,
Raffi Enficiaud