Subject: Re: [boost] Windows Develop Tests Failing
From: Tom Kent (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-03-17 20:35:02

On Fri, Mar 13, 2015 at 4:29 PM, Andrey Semashev <andrey.semashev_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> On Friday 13 March 2015 16:17:05 Tom Kent wrote:
> > All my windows test runners for develop (teeks99-08*) have been failing
> for
> > the last few days (I just noticed).
> >

> This may be caused by excessively long paths. I believe, recent changes to
> the
> build system added address-model-64\architecture-x86 which were not
> typically
> present before.
>
> Which makes me wonder. (a) When will MS get around to fix this in Windows?
> (I
> suspect "never" is the answer). (b) AFAIK, there is Windows API that can
> work
> with long paths (32767 chars or something?). Can bjam be updated to use
> these
> API to work around the problem?

This is indeed the case, can we roll-back last week's changes that caused
this until we can implement one of the ideas for making the build system
have shorter paths? Develop hasn't had any successful visual studio tests
for a while now.

Tom