Subject: Re: [boost] Windows Develop Tests Failing
From: Raffi Enficiaud (raffi.enficiaud_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-03-19 10:27:56

Le 13/03/15 23:18, Steven Watanabe a écrit :
> AMDG
>
> On 03/13/2015 04:01 PM, Andrey Semashev wrote:
>> On Saturday 14 March 2015 00:29:56 you wrote:
>>>
>>> Which makes me wonder. (a) When will MS get around to fix this in Windows?
>>> (I suspect "never" is the answer). (b) AFAIK, there is Windows API that can
>>> work with long paths (32767 chars or something?). Can bjam be updated to
>>> use these API to work around the problem?
>>

> It probably can. It means more platform specific
> code, though, as b2 currently just calls fopen.

Hi,

fopen can also work with UNC path, which does not have the MAX_PATH=255
limitation:
- https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/yeby3zcb.aspx
-
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/aa365247%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

A possible workaround would be to prefix the path name with "\\?\" then.

If there is an intermediate cmd.exe, I suspect passing filename with the
previous prefix works as well.

How to debug at which point things start failing?

Best,
Raffi