Subject: Re: [boost] [metaparse] Review Manager
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-03-19 21:06:48

Nevin Liber wrote
> Is there a reasonable assurance that he'll get it,

Well I got some - safe numerics review - and I found it extremely useful.

> or is it just adding latency to the process?

lol - how does posting a review in advvance add latency to the process?
It doesn't change the review date.

> Of the twenty-two libraries listed, there are a whopping three reviews,
> two
> of which are a review of your own library, and one of those is by you
> where
> you recommend that we don't accept it into Boost. Not exactly good
> odds...

My recollection is a whopping 2 reviews. One was just a test of the system.

Of course this is not an argument that posting an advance review is a bad
idea. What harm can come from it?

> The incubator is an experiment. It may succeed, or it may fail. If
> someone wishes to tie their review to it, that's fine. If they don't wish
> to, that is fine too.

of course

> We know that you want the incubator to succeed, but
> it is unfair to expect anyone to hold up a review of their library because
> of it.

Perhaps some future review wizard might want to do such a thing, but
so far certainly no one has suggested doing this it for this or any other
library in the queue.

Robert Ramey