Subject: Re: [boost] Windows Develop Tests Failing
From: Raffi Enficiaud (raffi.enficiaud_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-03-20 11:23:10

Le 13/03/15 23:18, Steven Watanabe a écrit :
> It probably can. It means more platform specific
> code, though, as b2 currently just calls fopen.
>
>> (c) As an alternative, bjam could have an option to compress the path to a
>> shorter hash value.
>>

> b2 --hash (reduces the path to an md5 hash)
> b2 --abbreviate-paths (shorter but still somewhat human readable)

Possible alternative: mapping the folder containing boost to a drive,
with subst, as a precommand of the build:

http://superuser.com/questions/644684/mapping-drive-letters-to-local-folders

It would be better if we can run bjam without this limitation. I propose
to move any further discussion to the boost.build list.

Best,
Raffi