Subject: Re: [boost] [gsoc15] Removing my proposal due to plagiarism concerns
From: John Maddock (jz.maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-03-20 12:32:39

On 20/03/2015 15:14, Sandilya Jandhyala wrote:
> Thanks a lot for being honest ^_^
> But it wasn't just you. There was another fork/delete several hours ago. I
> was especially concerned since there was a recent case of plagiarism. But
> maybe that person tried to open it via Desktop text editor like you did.
> Perhaps I overreacted. I'll consider putting my proposal back up.

Honestly, I think you're over reacting - the usual reason to fork is to
make changes and then submit a PR - if someone was more interested in
theft, then it would be rather easier (and leave less of a paper trail)
to hit the download as zip button and go from there. And of course once
your code is open source then it's "out there" anyway,

Just saying... John.