Subject: Re: [boost] Boost 1_58_0_b1_rc2 is available for testing
From: Marcel Raad (raad_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-03-20 17:53:18

Peter Dimov <lists <at> pdimov.com> writes:

> fixed it in

https://github.com/boostorg/bind/commit/42b5cef177603328ead66bc6a98a3067aebc
433d

> Would appreciate if you give this change a try and see if it has any
> unwanted consequences.

Thanks a lot Peter, everything works as it did in 1.57! Tested with MSVC12
and MSVC14 and a few different projects.

Unfortunately I found a new problem in Boost.Optional. I get weird compile
errors in one project, both with MSVC12 and MSVC14:
error C3083: ' ?? A0x6071e18f': the symbol to the left of a '::' must be a
type

for a line declaring a member function with a boost::optional parameter
with a default value of boost::none.
BOOST_OPTIONAL_USE_OLD_DEFINITION_OF_NONE fixes the problem. Unfortunately
I haven't been able to find a minimal example to replicate the problem yet
- calling that function from two compilation units is not enough.