Subject: Re: [boost] [endian] Testing floating point interoperability
From: Bjorn Reese (breese_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-03-23 08:07:31

On 03/20/2015 02:40 PM, Beman Dawes wrote:

> But for Microsoft in debug mode, certain bit patterns do not
> round-trip correctly. For example, 7f810000 becomes 7fc10000. (Those
> are little endian representations).

The two numbers are both Quiet-NaN. They only differ in their payload.
The payload is typically used for diagnostics information, so I assume
that the two numbers were created in different ways. As the payload is
defined by the implementor (according to IEEE 754; C++ is mute here) it
could be argued that the above is correct.

You may consider masking the payload in the tests.