Subject: [boost] Boost.uBLAS a library for matrix computations Project: Data Frame
From: Sahba E (sahba.etezad_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-03-26 14:42:18

Hello all,
My name is Sahba Etezad. I'm studying masters of Computing Science in Simon Fraser University, Canada.I'm really interested in working on ublas library and matrix computations. Particularly, I'm really passionate about the data frame project. My thesis concerns graph embedding so I've been working with Boost graph library for over a year now. I've been also coding in Matlab for over 4 years, and I think my familiarity with matrix operations and all that can be an asset for this project.
I've finished implementing the competency code. https://github.com/setezad/ublasAnd I know it's really last minute, but I'd really appreciate it if you would give me some advice on what I should include to provide a precise project proposal.
It has been mentioned that a data frame similar to R should be implemented with extension to implementing the summary and aggregate functions. I studied the two links provided in the project description ( http://pandas.pydata.org/pandas-docs/dev/generated/pandas.DataFrame.html, and http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/data.table/index.html%c2 ). Now my question is knowing that a data frame can have countless attributes and methods, should I specify what attributes and methods I'd like to implement? Or will it be decided later and need not to be proposed by me?
Thank you very much.
Regards,Sahba Etezad