Subject: Re: [boost] [asio][android][clang-x86] cannot locate symbol "___tls_get_addr"
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-03-27 09:31:17

On 27 Mar 2015 at 12:44, Dmitry Moskalchuk wrote:

> I've tested locally with change from
> https://github.com/boostorg/asio/pull/17 and all '___tls_get_addr'
> errors disappeared. Now I'm waiting for that pull request to be merged
> into upstream, but I don't see any activity in Boost.Asio repository. Is
> there something wrong with my pull request? It's very simple so I wonder
> why it not yet merged?
>
> I'd like to see it merged to the upstream (including 'master') before
> 1.58 release - just because this bug cause not only Boost.Asio fails,
> but several others libraries too.

Boost.ASIO is auto generated from standalone ASIO and therefore won't
take patches downstream. Try rebasing them onto standalone ASIO at
https://github.com/chriskohlhoff/asio develop branch.

No changes will enter 1.58 as Boost.ASIO lags standalone ASIO. Chris
does cherry pick bug fixes into Boost.ASIO from ASIO though. Do ask
if he will consider this for the 1.58 release in any pull request. If
it's Android only, it may be possible.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting