Subject: Re: [boost] [Locale] Boost.Locale cannot Run in Visual Studio 2010
From: Artyom Beilis (artyomtnk_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-03-29 10:19:19

>I have been trying to learn Boost.Locale Module. Consider this
>http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_55_0/libs/locale/doc/html/conversions_8cpp-example.html
>example. The code gets successfully compiled but when I try to run it, it
>gives the error
>
>Unhandled exception at 0x74d34b32 in LearningCPP.exe: Microsoft C++
>exception: std::bad_cast at memory location 0x00a6fa48..
>
>I have attached the stack-trace of the program also. Here it is:
>
> [snip]
>
> Did anyone faced this issue when using Boost.Locale in Visual Studio 2010?
> If so, how do I resolve this issue?

1. Do you use latest version of MSVC or public beta (there was facet related bug there)2. Make sure you don't mix debug and release code (which can be very likely stuff there) on both boost and its dependencies (icu if you use one)

Artyom Beilis
CppCMS - C++ Web Framework: http://cppcms.com/
CppDB - C++ SQL Connectivity: http://cppcms.com/sql/cppdb/