Subject: Re: [boost] MSVC warnings for BOOST_PP_IS_EMPTY in Boost.Phoenix
From: Damien Buhl (damien.buhl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-03-31 03:20:37

On 24/03/2015 13:30, Andrey Semashev wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 3:09 PM, Fletcher, John P
> <j.p.fletcher_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>
>> My apologies that I missed that these messages are about Phoenix. Is there a change of some sort needed in Phoenix?
>
> I believe, if Damien is not able to remove BOOST_PP_IS_EMPTY use from
> Fusion, you could try to disable the warnings in Phoenix. The warnings
> will still be emitted for user's code involving Fusion but at least
> Phoenix won't worsen the situation.

So I could remove BOOST_PP_IS_EMPTY, and added auto as synonym for
BOOST_FUSION_ADAPT_AUTO.

This is for the moment in a feature branch on top of Boost.Fusion develop.

I need to adapt the documentation regarding the change for auto and
thoroughly test on the different compilers before I can pull-request to
Joël de Guzman.

I have to install MSVC 8 to ensure it doens't make any warnings anymore
there. It shouldn't, but we never know.

In case I've opened an issue :
https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/11157 and the changes can be
seen on github :

> https://github.com/daminetreg/fusion/commit/6da2d800398d5197b1bee0609043551cd839b4ad

I think it should be no problem to have the changes in master for 1.59.
Cheers,

--
Damien Buhl (alias daminetreg)