Subject: Re: [boost] what happened to the "tools/regression" directory - and the stuff in it?
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-03-31 10:08:23

On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 1:39 PM, Robert Ramey <ramey_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> I repackaged this is a git project in the form compatible with <boost
> directory>/tools/...
>
> https://github.com/robertramey/library_status
>
> So you can clone it into this directory, build it via boost build and/or
> CMake, copy the executable to a convenient place and start generating your
> local test table.
>
> If there's interest, we can add it back into the boost tools directory.

Robert,

Why on earth you do that rather than just cloning
git_at_[hidden]:boostorg/regression.git and using it directly?

If there are problems with git_at_[hidden]:boostorg/regression.git, it
is fine to fork it, fix the problems, then submit pull requests. But
there is no reason it needs to be part of the Boost super-project. I
guess we should have left a dummy boost-root/tools/regression
directory in the super-project to point people to the new location,
and provided explicit build instructions. I'll try to do that in the
next few days, but it won't happen for 1.58.0.

--Beman