Subject: Re: [boost] [ boost ] [ Trie ]
From: Cosmin Boaca (boost.cosmin.boaca_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-04-03 05:27:32

On 3 April 2015 at 12:05, Kenneth Adam Miller <kennethadammiller_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> I know this might be a little bit late in asking, because I've been
> insanely busy too.
>
> Say I know that I have a finite length of my tree-just 3 bytes-that I would
> like to be cached. Instead of resolving the tree dynamically, I would like
> there to be a contiguous array, but for each array entry, have some kind
> special value-either a mapping that produces a value despite length, or a
> concrete length limited pointer to result type.

What do you mean by "length of my tree is 3 bytes" ?

If you mean some like "keys in the trie have maximum 3-bytes" then I've
never thought of such a specialization. I think that such an optimization
would be good only for a very small number of use-cases.

Also, can you describe the requirements for your data structure ? Maybe
there are other data structures that would suite your needs better,
especially if the range of the keys it's bounded.

Cosmin