Subject: Re: [boost] [1.58.0] Release candidates available
From: Chris Glover (c.d.glover_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-04-07 17:33:06

> BuildInParallel
>
> A boolean value that indicates whether project references are built or
> cleaned in parallel when Multi-Proc MSBuild is used. The default value
> is true, which means that projects will be built in parallel if the
> system has multiple cores or processors.

I don't think this means what you think it means -- as far as I understand
this means that individual 'projects' will be built in parallel relative to
each other only. Thus, if you only have one project, then by default you
do not get a parallel build. As far as I know, there is no way in MSBuild
to get a single project to build individual source files in parallel. But
I would love to be corrected about that.

-- chris