Subject: Re: [boost] svn.boost.org SSL cert errro
From: Michael Caisse (mcaisse-lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-04-07 18:40:30

On 04/07/2015 03:33 PM, Niall Douglas wrote:
> On 7 Apr 2015 at 11:08, Beman Dawes wrote:
>
>>> The certificatie of svn.boost.org has expired (two weeks ago)..
>>
>> We are working on getting a new certificate, and setting up a procedure to
>> avoid the expired certificate problem in the future. It is taking a bit of
>> time, however.
>
> In case people aren't aware, to renew the kind of cert which expired
> you need to prove your identity which includes a proof of address
> which usually means a snail mail card in the post with a verification
> code plus lots of mailing identity documents to people. This is why

I have no idea what you are talking about. There are a lot of reasons
that certs can take some time to renew, snail mail isn't one of them.

We renew about 2-3 certs a month ranging from standard vanilla to
wild-card and crazy merchant certs. In January we dealt with 2 certs
that had expired. Snail mail has never been a requirement.

Can you please expound?

michael

--
Michael Caisse