Subject: Re: [boost] Serializing shared_ptr fails on .template
From: Jared McIntyre (jmcintyre_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-04-09 19:28:18

On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 9:06 AM, Jared McIntyre <jmcintyre_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> I've run into an issue where VS 2013, and likely earlier versions, fail to
> serialize a shared_ptr because Visual Studio is choking on the use of
> ar.template get_helper in load() to remove ambiguity. The issue appears to
> replicate previous bug report here:
>
> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/10727
>
> That report didn't post an example, so instead of adding a new bug, I've
> posted example code to that existing report.
>
> VS 2013
> Boost 1.57
>
> Jared McIntyre

Oops, I posted the wrong bug link. I meant that it reproduces this bug:

I tested this out with 1.58rc3 and the issue continue to be there.

I may have accidentally posted the wrong bug to this email, but the issues
with polymorphic archives and serializing shared_ptr that are in that bug
report don't appear to be fixed in 1.58rc3 either.

Thanks for looking into this,

Jared McIntyre