Subject: Re: [boost] [serialization] failing MPI build
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-04-10 11:22:18

Alain Miniussi wrote
> Hi,
>
> Am I the only one with a (global) failing build on MPI ?
>
> ../../../boost/archive/detail/interface_oarchive.hpp(63): error: no
> instance of overloaded function
> "boost::mpi::detail::content_oarchive::save_override" matches the
> argument list
> argument types are: (const boost::archive::tracking_type)
> object type is: boost::mpi::detail::content_oarchive
> this->This()->save_override(t);
>
> I am going to investigate, but maybe I missed something obvious.

Feel free to investigate.

Recently I've made updates to the serialization library. These included
changes to support more/all C++11 library components like std::shared_ptr
etc. This broke polymorphic archives. My tests weren't sufficiently broad
to detect this. So it's entirely possible that something in MPI also
broke. I've never been able to figure out how to test MPI serialization
as part of the test suite. So if you want investigate that would be
helpful.
Even better would be to come up with some tests which might detect
problems like this sooner.

Robert Ramey