Subject: Re: [boost] [convert] How to promote it from 'develop' to 'master'?
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-04-20 15:38:17

On 4/20/2015 1:10 PM, Vicente J. Botet Escriba wrote:
> Le 20/04/15 00:09, Vladimir Batov a écrit :
>> Daniel James created an entry point for 'convert' in the Boost
>> 'develop' branch and 'convert' has been sitting there for quite some
>> time. Now that Boost 1.58.0 has been released I would like to have
>> 'convert' promoted from 'develop' to 'master' so that 'convert' would
>> make it to 1.59. Is there anything that *I* can/need to do to have an
>> entry point created for 'convert' in the Boost 'master' branch?
>>
> Hi,
>
> I would start a new thread and add you review manager. It is the review
> manager that should check everything is okay.

I was the review manager for 'convert' and it was accepted into Boost.
It has been on 'develop' and been regression tested.

I myself am not sure of the process of moving a library from 'develop'
to 'master' so maybe someone dealing with the boostorg/boost project can
comment.

My educated guess is that it would involve a fork of boostorg/boost, a
local 'pull --rebase' from that fork, changes locally that add the
library submodule to 'master' with the necessary commit, a 'push' back
to the fork, and then a pull request so that it shows up at
boostorg/boost and eventually gets merged into the superproject. I
believe part of the local changes are also that status/jamfile.v2 has to
be changed so that the library's tests are added to it.