Subject: Re: [boost] [github] contribution activity not updated
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-04-21 17:22:50

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 4:18 PM, Joaquin M Lopez Munoz <joaquin_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Not that this is very important, but seems like, at least for my
> GitHub user account, the contribution dashboard is not being updated:
> if you go to the bottom of
>
> https://github.com/joaquintides
>
> you'll see the dashboard says I haven't committed anything since Feb 23,
> which is certainly not the case. Just reporting here in case this might be
> a symptom of some more serious internal problem with the tool or the
> repository.

It's an effect of what Github uses for that dashboard.. AFAIK all the
Github summary stats only take into consideration the "default" branch of
projects. Hence if the repos you contribute to have "master" as the default
and you push mostly to "develop" they will not show. And IIRC once you
merge to the default branch it will then take that history into account.

--
-- Rene Rivera
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything