Subject: [boost] [Master project] Switch from Trac to another Bug-tracking-system (was: [Master project] GitHub issues disabled)
From: Deniz Bahadir (dbahadir_at_[hidden])
Date: 2015-04-22 08:41:51

>> The title pretty much says it all. Is there a reason for disabling
>> GitHub issues on the master project?
>
> Because we're still using Trac for bug reporting.

I would pretty much recommend, you consider migrating from Trac to
another (more modern) bug-tracking system that is more responsive and
has less problems with modern browsers.

For example, I just added a bug-issue to Trac and realized, that it is
not really working well:

* It takes more than a minute to display an answer-page to my request to
create a new ticket.

* It then complains about me being a spammer, because I put some
external links into the ticket's message.

* It still allows me to try to convince it that I am a human by trying
to show me some Google-Captcha. However, that captcha and the
answer-form is not displayed by any browser I tested, because the
captcha is linked via a non-secure HTTP-iframe, while the surrounding
page requires HTTPS.

* And even if one manages to display and pass the captcha and to
HTTP-post the answer to the server (all done by dynamically modifying
the displayed webpage using a Dom-editor like Firebug) Trac still thinks
one is a spammer (which in that case should be a hacker ;-) ).

I quick google-search makes me think that it should not be too hard to
migrate from Trac to e.g. Redmine and convert all Trac-tickets into
Redmine-tickets.
Maybe, that is a viable way to go?

Best regards,
Deniz